August 20, 2011

Brayden's First Haircut

This weekend, Andrew and I bit the bullet and agreed it was time to take Brayden for his first haircut. Our little boy was born with a healthy amount of strawberry blonde hair.
Brayden at 6 days old.
At around 3 weeks old, his hair began to fall out -- but only on the top of his head. And by 5 weeks he was looking like a very handsome old man.

However, in the weeks/months to follow, his hair grew back. And it grew and grew and grew!

Now, as we approach his ninth month of life, Andrew and I have bit the bullet. We finally took our shaggy haired baby for his first trim. This momentous occasion took place at a local hair salon for small tots. They sat him in a firetruck chair (which hardly phased him) and draped him in the smallest smock I've ever seen.  A-dorable! Brayden sat excitedly as the "stylist" spritzed water onto his head, combed his locks and shaped his sweet head to a much less disheveled look.

As to be expected, in addition to the slue of pictures I took for memory-sake, I also walked out with a clump of Brayden's freshly cut baby hair. Sniff, sniff... But, I must admit, he does look super cute with his fresh new do! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a milestone! Madelyn is jealous...I don't think she's going to make it to the salon until her 3rd birthday, lol. Thanks for sharing these cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete