September 30, 2011

Baby food making made easy

As many of you know, I've been making all of Brayden's baby food.  I'll admit, at first I was a little intimidated and overwhelmed at the thought of keeping up with all the meals I'd have to prepare but once I got started I've been on a roll.  To make things easy on myself, I set aside a couple evenings a month (after Brayden goes to bed for the night) to prepare a batch or two of fruit, veggies and meet.  (Most pureed fruits and veggies can be stored for up to 3 months in the freezer and pureed meet is good for 1 month in the freezer.) 
Even as Brayden starts to experiment with table food, I am still finding myself referring to my Baby and Toddler Cookbook (a shower gift, which can be purchased at PBK) and going online to look up recipes and to learn more about what foods to offer baby at certain ages and which foods to avoid.  The website I've found the most credible and helpful, offering a plethora of yummy recipes and menu ideas for babies of all ages is Momtastic's wholesomebabyfood.com.  I highly recommend this website as a kitchen must-have for anyone wanting to prepare nutritious food for a wee one.  Ever since introducing rice cereal at 5 months, Brayden has expressed a love for all foods offered to him, no matter the colour, texture or flavour!

No comments:

Post a Comment