June 20, 2011

Daddy's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day but not just any Father's Day, Andrew's first as a daddy. Unlike Mother's Day, where my wish was to spend the day together with my new, young family at the Toronto Zoo, Andrew wanted to spend the day golfing with his dad. At first I was a little offended that he didn't want to spend the day with his son and I... the whole reason he's celebrating his first FD!  However, after I gave it some time to sink in, I figured it was really great that he was able to get out with his dad and do an activity they used to love doing together when Andrew was younger. It made me think about our son in a few years when he will be old enough to enjoy FD with his daddy and grandpa on the course too. So, with this change of heart, Brayden and I made a trip over to Golf Town and bought a new golf outfit for Andrew to wear for his FD golf round.

You might be wondering what Brayden and I ended up doing while daddy was golfing. Well, it actually worked out to be a perfectly planned day. We spent the morning at my parents' house visiting with my dad & mom and enjoying a Runza family breakfast. I brought the "family bagel" (a fam fav from Bagel Plus, Bathurst & Steeles) and Meg & Justin brought a box of coffee. It was a great morning.

 Next, Brayden and I headed to Oakville where we met up with my mother-in-law and waited for the guys to come off the golf course. Since we had a couple of hours to kill, we headed to the club and took Brayden swimming in the indoor swimming pool. Brayden had a blast showing off with his new swimming skills that he has picked up in the past nine weeks of mom & tot swimming lessons. After lots of dunking and splashing, Brayden was wiped out so we went for a stroller walk down to the eighteenth hole where we met grandpa T and daddy who were just wrapping up their game.
The day concluded back at my in-law's house where we enjoyed a delicious dinner. Our first Father's Day with Brayden turned out to be a perfect day, for mommy and daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment