June 28, 2011

7 months

Today is Brayden's seven month birthday and I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone. He is such a different baby today than he was when we first brought him home. Our colic, nocturnal, hairless, tiny 6 pound newborn is now a very well tempered seven month old with a thick head of strawberry blond hair, who naps during the day and sleeps through the night. We never thought we'd see the day. Despite all the challenges and sharp learning curve, we've managed to overcome all the frustrations and tears -- and even had some fun with it all.
Being a mom is like nothing I've ever experienced before and I feel so blessed to have Brayden in my life. It is so gratifying to see how much my love and nurturing is affecting his growth and development. I am so in love with this little human and am getting such a thrill out of watching him explore new things and succeed in all his repeated attempts! For example, just last week he started sitting upright unassisted. It was amazing to see and the look of satisfaction and pride on his face was priceless. I'm so happy to have been able to be there for that, and so many other, important moments and look forward to capturing so many more.

Happy seven month birthday, little buddy! Already, you make me so proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment